ESCAPE NOW is an effective strategy based curriculum for Abuse Prevention and Empowerment. This twelve week group teaches individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities how to recognize abuse and make healthy decisions in varying situations with others.
Individuals will learn the following concepts:
- Definitions of Abuse
- Understanding Healthy and Abusive Relationships
- Self- Empowerment: Speaking Up for Your Rights and Being in Control
- Coping with Abuse and Distress
- Finding Words and Staying Safe
- Introduction and Application of the 4 Step Decision Making Model